Whether we know or not, each of us is on a journey. Even when you touch presence, that's not the end, just the beginning. It's not a fixed journey, it's constantly shifting and changing according to the realisations we make. Destiny is not a destination, but a way of being. There's a constant underlying pull designed purely to reveal the majesty and splendour of who you are. If we know how to align with this underlying pull, in every moment, then our lives will become simply magical. The "aha" moment lands that actually, there's simply nothing else going on...
A natural organising flow
I remember well a previous existence where control and ego were running the show. Life was to be shaped according to an agenda, outcomes that I thought I needed. Whether it be in career, relationships or relaxation, there was always something to be 'fixed' according to the illusionary ambitions that had been inculcated within me by society. And even when I awoke to unity consciousness, there was still a desire to shape the world, even if this time, it was according to a higher perceived sense of compassion.
- The world does not need shaping! And neither do you or I. Even in the apparent mess the planet may be, there's an organising flow which is totally natural, inherent, integral to the order of life itself. There's being awake yes, but what then happens with that awakeness? The answer is The Journey.
The inner inquiry creature
The outer journey is inspired and shaped by the inner inquiry creature, a being that is yearning to unveil and express itself in the fullness of who you are. It's so easily buried by the weight and density of this world, with its goals, ambitions and targets we must apparently meet. Even if it's just paying the rent or putting food on the table, society apparently has you by the proverbial balls.
But it doesn't have to! Just as separation was an illusion to the asleep, so is lack of authentic purpose to the directionless. The universe has a purpose. To me it is a singular purpose: since everything is of the One, every single aspect and movement, then there is only the One going on! It's simply Presence, trying to realise and figure out who it is, amidst the apparent confusion and chaos of reality.
The journey unfolds itself
The 'trick' is, that when we realise this, that there is only the unraveling energy at work, when we can surrender to this as the singular yearning, all other requirements and needs become resolved. You simply have to surrender to the truth of the moment, as its revealing itself, and then give yourself totally to the aspect of being that's yearning to express. The Journey then unfolds itself. It becomes obvious what to do and how to do it.
- Think of a toy aeroplane: those with a large elastic band up the middle as their means of propulsion. As you wind it up, you'll see it forming twisted knots of the elastic band as it stored the energy. Then you launch the plane into the air and watch as it takes flight.
Who guides the plane as it flies? No one. It's direction, it's bobs and weaves and loops take shape simply by the unwinding affect of the elastic band and then how the propulsion shapes the air over the plane's wings. It's a great metaphor for the authentic journey of life itself.
Life is just like this. We've spent eons being wound up internally. If it's not psychological programming, then its emotional and ultimately karmic. We need to unwind the elastic band. "Yes!" I hear the collective sigh. Yet it's not always that easy is it? There's knowing what tightness we're actually confronting, there's knowing what to let go of and how. That's the tricky part.
Making the journey easier
There are ways to make this unwinding journey easier:
- Firstly, it's to realise there's only the One and therefore a singular purpose; to unwind, unveil and express you as a miraculous animation of the One.
- Secondly, from this singular purpose, it is to accept life as a journey; that there's no ultimate destination - other than presence and the expression of presence.
- Thirdly, to observe that tightness 'gets in the way' - the places where we need an outcome. But actually the tension is the energy that provides the power for your flight.
- Forthly, unwinding the tension leads to the next step of The Journey. Embrace the tightness, the resistance to the moment, figure out what it is you think you need, and soften into the tightness you can feel.
- Finally, as the tension unwinds, open the space of the moment, look for and align with the 'flight', the gliding, dancing, whooping and swooping expression of who you are.
Just like flying
I'm not saying it's easy in the beginning. It takes a good while to accept and master. But there really is nothing else going on. How ever we may get attached, how ever we may lose ourselves in the drama again, how ever we may get identified or fearful of what might take place, if we can embrace the tightness and therefore the unwinding affect, life will continually provide the miraculous and expansive forward propulsion affect.
The Journey, it's just like flying.
PS: the Openhand level 2 course called "Path between Worlds" helps people understand this dynamic and benefit from its integration into their lives...Path between Worlds