Here's an interesting video of some Alan Watts philosphy. It offers a very powerful essay in living in the now; about how we're so often programmed in society to look to goals and aspirations ahead of us; so much so, we don't actually live in the moment, and what's worse, we don't fully engage with the moment. But I ask: why is it that so many people actually do strive for some future aspiration? Is it all negative, or is there something positive about it too?
What is 'Spirituality'?
Here we're exploring the concept of general spirituality. What does it mean to be spiritual? How do we live in a spiritual way, within society? How might being aligned with your spirituality, bring a greater sense of joy and fulfillment to your life?
We're offering points of view here, which we believe in passionately. But we're not claiming them to be the 'absolute truth' - it is our truth, designed to help catalyse an evolutionary shift in your own truth. To us, that's a key facet of the spirit - that each has their own perspective on reality, which are all equally valid. But let us challenge and continually evolve our perspective.
In so doing, we find it brings us increasingly into alignment with the natural flow of the universe. Life becomes increasingly aligned and sublime. Explore...
Index of articles on general Spirituality:
- The Path Less Traveled...And How to Tackle It
- The REVELATION of YOU: unleashing authentic beingness
- Secret of Life: It's all about the flow
- How to Follow Your Path of Light through the Accelerating 5D Shift
- Lightwarriors Fear Not...Everything is Perfect!
- "Burning the Boats" of an Out-dated Reality Construct...Here's How
- Torsional Influx of High Vibrational Energy - Rise Up!
- Humanity's Shadow Reveals Itself...Time to Go Inwards and Upwards
- Hunger for Change...Finding the Courage
- The Purpose of Set-backs...And How to Quickly Bounce Back
- Expressing beyond Words...Finding the Spiritual Samurai in You
- How to Avoid the One Possible 'Mistake'
- Breaking though the Moment into your Miraculous Cosmic Self
- A Burning Yearning for Change...How is it Spiritual?
- Signs & Synchronicity revealing the Soul
- The Pathless Way...Openhand Spiritual Philosophy
- Blending Surrender with Willpower...Openhand Spiritual Philosophy
- Do You Ever Feel Like You Don't Belong Here?
- Setting Intention, Divine Manifestation and Navigating the Quantum Soup
- Why Mastery of the Soul is a Shattering Process
- Understanding the Nature of 'Soul Exchange' or 'Walk-in'
- How to let go of Singular Truths and soar on the outstretched wings of your Soul!
- Dealing with the Challenges of Being an Empath...or highly sensitive
- The Importance of Individuality on the Path...This is YOUR day!
- 22 Ways to Tell if You're a Spirit Warrior
- 9 Methods for Dealing with Psychic Energy Attack in Your Field
- Intentional Manifesting, Authentic Choice and Truly Letting Go
- Understanding the Root Cause of Depression so we can deal with it
- What Really is Self-Realisation and how can it help you drink the juice of life?
- Who are You and how to be that
- Path between Worlds: Into the Fifth Density...Louder than Words
- Mastering the ancient art of White Magic - Creating from Higher Mind
- What a rabbit taught me about being an empath
- The Spiritual Warrior learns though adversity
- Right Action and the Path of Light
- Courage, Commitment and Focus on the Spiritual Path
- "Live fully Now"...but what does that mean?
- 20 Top Tips for Conscious Eating
- The Uplifting Effect of Endorphins
- The Singularly most important thing after Waking Up
- Radical Forgiveness...what does it truly mean to forgive?
- The Blame Game...is it mankind's most divisive?
- The Universal Law of Non-Efforting
- The Lone Space...The unquantifiable importance of solitude.
- Breaking through Limitation: I can, I must, I will
- Discovering the Divine Purpose of Your Incarnation
- Unable to make a Decision?...Maybe you're in "Indespension"
- Creating Positive Feedback Loops...No one is right and no one is wrong
- How finding the Deeper Meaning can lead to a more fulfilled life
- A healthy relationship with death...How often do you contemplate passing on?
- From absolute freedom rightness happens
- What is success? A spiritual perspective
- The Journey...it's just like flying
- Are you creating you or being you?
- Freeing the Spirit
- Your beacon of Light in a world of darkness
- 20 seconds of insane courage
- Dare to be free. Dare to be me.
- How does Animal Medicine work? Learning from Animals
- Confucius, The Buddha and Lao Tzu - "the vinegar tasters"
The journey into conscious eating can transform your world into one of high vibrational living, health and evolution. As a long time conscious eating advocate, chef and (more recently and excitedly) a conscious recipe book author, I know it can be helpful to have a few reminders and hints along the way to keep us on the path of vibration raising cuisine.
Albert Einstein is quoted as saying: "there are two ways you can live your life...as if nothing is a miracle or as if everything is a miracle". The matrix we live in can be challenging. Everywhere around you there's oodles of reasons why to be invested in the drama - it seems everybody else is doing it! And the world of physicality is so alluring, with its tantalisations and temptations, society has really perfected the art of pulling you into some illusionary 'entertainment'. But what if you resist that? What if instead, you look deeply into every moment and challenge the alluring seduction that would contract you down. What happens if you always look for the deeper meaning?
The unquantifiable importance of solitude.
From time to time, I feel the need to take a well earned break away from our work here at Openhand. Not that I feel pressurised by my life, not at all. Even though it is frequently full on, I find it immensely rewarding and yet now and then, there's the undeniable heart-felt pull to spend time alone. I'm blessed to have a little old 4x4 camper van, so as the flow allows, I find myself taking off into nature and the countryside. For me there is nothing more pleasurable than finding some quiet, secluded spot, parking up and simply hanging out…
The world is moving through challenging times. Sometimes events and circumstances can get heavy. Whilst processing our stuff is positive, wallowing for too long in negativity can be counterproductive. It can create a downward spiral. So how might we keep our heads above water? How might we balance the 'playing field' when we're processing density? Well one answer is 'The Endorphin Effect'. Endorphins are chemicals we can produce in our bodies to block negative energy and make us feel positively uplifted and joyful inside. So how do you activate endorphins when needed?...
Hi friends of Openhand,
Do you ever find yourself unable to make a choice? Maybe it's because you're not meant to? In our society, it seems so often the case, that we have to make decisions to meet deadlines and targets. It seems everything is preplanned and scheduled. So what happens if you simply feel you can't make a choice? Perhaps a decision just simply does not want to land? This is the situation I found myself in recently over some very important events taking shape in my life. As I could feel my field contracting somewhat around the issues, I watched for guidance and received a real corker. It had me literally splitting my sides with laughter. I'm "indespension"...
When you look back on your life, the trials the tribulations, the challenges and opportunities, you'll probably notice the really big occasions hung finely balanced on the feather edge of uncertainty. On one side is the abyss of some indescribable failure, and the other, some seemingly monumental achievement. These moments invite something deeper of ourselves, something more authentic. If we can face them with total acceptance and commitment, then we'll connect with the full flow of the soul and it will carry us through like an unstoppable wave. This level of surrender, this level of commitment, requires something special:
"20 seconds of insane courage"...
Okay it's a bold title. Please pardon my lack of humility! Yet I think there is something, that if it's not the most important thing we can do after waking up, is certainly very high on the list. I could define it colloquially as 'owning your stuff'. We've realised that everything is interconnected; that everything is consciousness; but then the next step is accepting that literally everything we create is the product of our inner configuration of consciousness. Both the 'good' and the 'bad'. So we need to own our creations and blame nothing 'out there' for what happens to us. This is amazingly empowering when we can do it. It's a real game changer...
What does it really mean to forgive?
On our course The Transfiguration, we speak about the importance of not apportioning blame and instead taking full responsibility for the lives we're creating. One vital aspect of this approach is that of forgiveness: realising 'the other person' is not to blame and therefore being able to forgive them. In my experience, this is one of the most liberating and empowering things we can do. But if EVERY situation is purposefully designed by benevolence for us to self-realise, then what really is true forgiveness and how should we really forgive?...
It feels important to raise the topic of psychedelic drugs and their involvement in spiritual awakening. It seems to be a growing trend for evolving people to want to short-cut the natural evolutionary process by involvement with transcendental experiences induced by drugs such as Ayahuasca and DMT. Openhand's direct experience comes from 'picking up the pieces' with people who have inadvertently accessed higher dimensions too rapidly and then suffered the after effects of trying to integrate their experiences in a grounded and balanced way. Such practices have led people into paranoia and delusional reality manifestations. They come with a strong 'health warning'...