What has truly enthralled me during my awakened life is the sweet scent of synchronicity: the eternal message of the divine, forming the very fabric from which the weave of life is woven. It's all too easy to see the denseness, difficulty and even despair through the physical world. All too often we get sucked into an end goal, the need for a particular outcome. Yet if for just one moment, we can look above and beyond this limiting parapet, if we can summon the courage to hold back the moment and just be present, sit and wait and trust; trust that we are eternally loved by a presence of infinite benevolence, then our lives could be so much more magical...
Yes, if we can do that, if we can take this moment and discard our fear of it, if we can just hold the silence in a lightly opened palm, not worrying, not needing, not demanding, then the entire universe will reveal itself to us. One by one, the veils will fall away.
It requires something of us which is simple yet profound. Something easy, yet so easy we frequently can't accept it as the solution. It is this...
- Imagine that a guardian angel of infinite benevolence,
with infinite miraculous organising power,
is using every single word we hear,
every single vision we see,
and every single sound,
to speak to us.
What would she be saying?
Again, it's so simple, so sweet, so sublime,
it so often seems too difficult to receive...
"I love you!"
Sweet scented Synchronicity
I remember once standing under a tree on the farm where I lived. It was a truly beautiful oak tree, majestically gnarled with long sweeping branches reaching almost down to the ground. I remember speaking to the tree and musing how wonderful it would be if it could speak back to me. Do you know what happened next? A sudden gust of wind caused one of the branches to bow down and softly stroke my head!
- "Dear child" it was saying,
"of course I'm speaking to you, I never stop!"
It can't be that simple can it? Yes it can. Yes it is! But although it comes to us on a plate, we ourselves have to pick up the fork and eat. No one is going to spoon feed us. We have to do that part ourselves. We have to make a choice. A constant conscious choice. Process the denseness but then attune to the sweet scented softness instead.
Birthday gift: three simple steps
So today, imagine your Guardian Angel to making a gift to you. It's your birthday and she's holding out a present. The gift is this...
- Take a free day out of this busy life, make the space, be alone, go out into nature, or even the town. Have ABSOLUTELY NO AGENDA - other than to be loved. Soften the mind, drop into the heart, breathe, become the observer of yourself. Ask the question "What would you have me do now?" - and then go with the heart-felt pull. Watch, listen, feel, intuit.
- In EVERY SINGLE MOMENT you're invited to look for the message "I love you". Where is it now? It's begun through these words, but where is it next? Maybe it's the smiling eyes of the postman? Maybe it's in the next song you hear on the radio. Maybe as you look out of your window it's the robin delicately picking seed off the bird table. Maybe when you look up to the sky, it's in the clouds swirling over your head or in the wind speaking through summer trees.
- Finally, ask yourself "how do I feel about that?" Open your heart and take the love inside. Let it unravel, unwind and expand you.
Every single thing is a message
Trust, just trust, that every single thing is a message saying "I love you". That's exactly what this Openhander did. You can just imagine the profound feeling of joy and self love it brought...
- In the woods God told me I was loved
I went for a walk in the woods today and
God told me I was loved
it's bark so mesmerising I may have been there days,
spelled out words in abstract beauty
“You are loved"
As I watched the satin ivy leaves
I heard them whispering to me
“You are loved"
A spider, long legged and silent
and by her stillness spoke to me
“You are loved"
Moving with purpose in transparent perfection
a tiny mite addressed me
“Remember, you are loved"
gnarled and broken, cloaked in moss
with great wisdom spoke
of truth and beauty and repeated
“You are loved, my child, just loved"
I moved on and everywhere from every thing
the reassurance that I craved
enveloped me with love and care
"You are loved and perfect as you are"
Overhead a flock of starlings,
exuberant in their flight,
spelled out with tiny wingbeats
“you are fine!
you are loved
you are perfect!
you are free
so are we
so are we!"
In the little calm that followed
I saw a single buttercup
“You are loved"
The winter sun, low and partial,
joined with the silver lined and billowed clouds.
They told me, heartfelt, as I looked
“You are perfect,
And humbled, laughing, grateful, stumbling
I raised my arms
I thanked them all
I started to believe.
Laura (an Openhander)
So here's an open invitation to connect with your Guardian Angel today.
Who know's what divine beauty will be waiting?