Due to disruptive nature of society, it's probably the case that with most, the lower self is separated from higher spiritual awareness at a pretty early age. Whether it be the programmed and conditioning behaviours of our parents, excito-toxins in our food or the electro-smog of modern day gadgetry, effectively the soul is fragmented into the bodymind and a barrier inserted to higher dimensional beingness. Our divine birth right is truncated. Most hardly notice the downgrading effect. That is until one day, we're reunited with multi-dimensionality, realise the profound blessing and embark on a path of realignment, reunification and at-one-ment with the divine. How might we catalyse this reharmonisation?...
Nothing can replace inner completeness
It would seem that society has become the perfect vehicle for down-grading human beingness. From the pollutants and plain poisons intoxicating our food, to heavy metal chemtrails that rain onto our earth or the electrosmog that pervades our airwaves, it would seem the perfect environment has been created to disconnect people from God, and addict them to subservient lifetsyles governed essentially by fear, the sense of lack or the desire for material abundance.
- It's an odd paradox, because you don't even realise what's happened and how you've been limited,
until you wake up one day and rediscover the divine blessing that's been denied you.
When this happens, there will come the point of realisation that nothing in the external world can replace the sense of fulfillment and completeness that you get from going within. Not that we shouldn't fully enjoy the external world of course, but most importantly, realise that it is the reflection of inner beingness playing itself out experientially. The world is meant as a mirror to the glorious nature of what we can be inside when we let go.
Inner filters that limit life's experience
When the full oppulence of this realisation finally lands, spiritual aspirants will often then embark on the path of inner purification: the cleansing of the mental, emotional and physical bodies so that lost fragments of soul gold may be reclaimed and reconnected with the core stream of beingness inside. Increasingly you sense you've tapped into the flow from the source and it feels heavenly.
What is it that we actually need to cleanse and purify?
Inner identities are complex networks of conditioned behaviours that are distortions of true soulful impulses. Remember the first time you fell in love: the heavenly joy of divine union, made manifest in the physical; the intoxicating sensuality, filling ones consciousness like the scent of a spring rose. But then the relationship breaks down, and in the desperate searching to understand why, all manner of negative emotions can be activated. Blame and judgment perhaps, denial or questions of self worth. If the energy is not processed and released, then a distorting veil is added to our subconscious, from which fixed neural pathways take shape in the brain. Next time the potential for a loving relationship develops, we project onto the possible partner a veil of our own fear, neediness and limitation. The relationship has a heavy burden to bear even before it begins to grow.
How can we solve this problem?
Self realisation of the soul
Ideally what should be happening is the firing of a soul impulse, temporarily reflected through neural connections which then infuse the body with mirroring neural peptides. The self realised soul is able to be fully immersed in the experience and quickly release it as the experience has fulfilled its purpose, knowing its inherent completeness beyond attachment and identification. But if fragments of soul - where self realisation fails - 'break off' and get lost in the eddy current of identification, then all manner of fixed neural pathways develop.
It might take only a word, a picture or a thought to fire up the web of activity and you're suddenly consumed by negative neural peptides that infuse your bodily cells, sucking you deeper into the drama. It's how most people in society live their daily lives, constantly relying on soft drugs (like alcohol, processed sugar, caffeine and nicotine) either to suppress of temporarily boost.
The key to the purification process though - assuming we really want to be fee - is to confront our internal retractions - our pain - as it is happening. In so doing, we can truly break the cycles once and for all.
The effects of pain and fear are illusionary, held in place only by our identification with them. Imagine jumping under a cold shower. If you're unused to it, you'll likely 'retract' inwardly, spontaneously contract the muscles, shorten the breath and jump out as quickly as possible! What this does, is simply to cement in your consciousness the idea that it is cold, unpleasant and something to be avoided. The roots of identification, limitation and therefore disempowerment of the soul have begun to take hold. But if instead, you decided to confront the limitation, you might stand under the water and soften into it. You might become intimately engaged with the inner feelings, relax into them and not judge them as 'good' or 'bad'. That way you can penetrate the coldness and find something else beyond the mind's limited judgment. You might find vivacity and aliveness for example. Now you are liberating yourself from the disempowerment; you are cleansing the negative energy you've built up and what's more important, breaking the fixed neural pathways of conditioned behaviours. You're actually breaking down the identities.
A direct confrontation of life's limitations
My shower example is a deeper metaphor for the multitude of internal emotions and consequent reactions to daily events. Without knowing it, most people are projecting these distorting lenses into every interaction and relationship with the outer world that they have. No wonder lives have become so dysfunctional. It doesn't have to be this way! Some simple and basic steps can help break the cycles. But we have to be committed to the process. Just dipping ones toes in the water will not suffice. It has to be a full-on confrontation - you have to be 'all-in'. Here's how...
- First recognise and accept the limitation of the inner identities, by watching the daily patterns that disempower you and lower your energy. So become the Observer of yourself and your emotions in all daily activities.
- If you witness yourself reacting to an event, contracting down with negative feelings, thoughts and emotions, stop. Go deeply into the feelings, working to understand what need for an outcome you think you have of the situation. The soul has no need of any particular result. Soften your attachment by remembering your completeness inside.
- If you really don't have the time, it's not safe or wise to deal with this density in the moment it arises, then contain the energy, make a mental note about it, but then come back to it later that day; invoke the energy once more by recalling the incident and immersing yourself back into it. See the visions and feel the feelings once more.
- As you allow yourself to feel the energy of the situation, we must work to become as one with this density; because 'the One' (in you) has the capacity to be awesomely okay with it. So the key is to find a way of fully expressing the pain of the contraction: whether it be a sense of worthlessness, sadness, guilt or anger for example. Find some music that most speaks to you of this energy; move and express to it. In this way, you're honouring your pain, becoming one with it - steadily you lose identification with it.
- Ask yourself does this identity - this concealed filter - serve your life? Assuming you feel no (!), then work to let go of the attachment that created it - the need for the situation to be a certain way; or resistance of how it truly is. Stop trying to control. Remember, what you're really looking for, is the completeness within. Sit quietly, meditate on the situation, feel the contractions, but then as you recognise you're ready to let go, get the sense that you're opening a door through the density - through the pain - into the completeness of pure presence. Sense yourself transcending through the density.
- Now that you've become 'the One', it's time to unravel and cleanse away the tightened density of the old identity. This can be done in meditation, through breathing, deep consciousness movement, dancing to music, exercise or walking in the countryside connecting through the five senses. In so doing, you release endorphins that block the cells take up of negative neuro peptides.
- Once the denser energy has been released, let breath open a wider internal space, then watch for the arising of an authentic soulful pull - the sense of expressive 'rightness'.
- Now begin to express this 'Right Action' as a natural affect of your authentic beingness, thus breaking the old patterning and establishing a more highly evolved consciousness.
It's a powerful approach we apply on our Courses. The inner identities we formed especially in our childhood and teenager years soften and break down. We don't lose the natural inherent qualities of the child and teenager, instead the distortions are peeled away, lower and higher selves are integrated as one and we - as the "Seer" - step out of the limiting dynamic. We're now free to be more authentic in daily life.
Resultantly, our lives become increasingly harmonious and the inner world is seamlessly reflected into the outer. Life becomes more joyful - even our sadness becomes manageable without lingering into distortion.
So purifying and integrating inner identities is paramount to spiritual progression. And it's something we need to fully confront as the identities activate. Integral awareness then dissolves the separated self into the light of pure beingness. It's a powerful prescription for evolutionary success. It's covered in detail in the book 5GATEWAYS.
(on behalf of Openhand)
(Publishers - please publish with links intact and the Openhand brief biog. Thankyou <3)
Openhand is a unique approach to spiritual evolution: integrating enlightened wisdom of spiritual masters through the ages, it is a way of tapping into the Benevolent Guiding Consciousness of the Universe and aligning with it in your life. It helps you unveil your True Self, remove karmic blockages and unfold your Divine Destiny. It leads to authentic, resilient and truly successful living.
Follow us...Openhandweb, Openhand fb, Openhand TV