We read about 'self-realisation' in spiritual circles, but what really does that mean? We may gain an intellectual understanding, but to me, there's much more to the term itself and what it can encourage us to do; how to live. I observe in the work we do, that when a person finds the right alignment in life, which incorporates self-realisation, then our perspective on life changes immeasurably for the better. It can be said, that in actual fact, there is nothing else but self-realisation going on. It's just a question of whether we're actively engaged in it, in which case we become the masters of it; or else we're ignorant of it, and thus become victims. So what really is self-realisation, and how can we benefit from it?...
What is 'Spirituality'?
Here we're exploring the concept of general spirituality. What does it mean to be spiritual? How do we live in a spiritual way, within society? How might being aligned with your spirituality, bring a greater sense of joy and fulfillment to your life?
We're offering points of view here, which we believe in passionately. But we're not claiming them to be the 'absolute truth' - it is our truth, designed to help catalyse an evolutionary shift in your own truth. To us, that's a key facet of the spirit - that each has their own perspective on reality, which are all equally valid. But let us challenge and continually evolve our perspective.
In so doing, we find it brings us increasingly into alignment with the natural flow of the universe. Life becomes increasingly aligned and sublime. Explore...
Index of articles on general Spirituality:
- The Path Less Traveled...And How to Tackle It
- The REVELATION of YOU: unleashing authentic beingness
- Secret of Life: It's all about the flow
- How to Follow Your Path of Light through the Accelerating 5D Shift
- Lightwarriors Fear Not...Everything is Perfect!
- "Burning the Boats" of an Out-dated Reality Construct...Here's How
- Torsional Influx of High Vibrational Energy - Rise Up!
- Humanity's Shadow Reveals Itself...Time to Go Inwards and Upwards
- Hunger for Change...Finding the Courage
- The Purpose of Set-backs...And How to Quickly Bounce Back
- Expressing beyond Words...Finding the Spiritual Samurai in You
- How to Avoid the One Possible 'Mistake'
- Breaking though the Moment into your Miraculous Cosmic Self
- A Burning Yearning for Change...How is it Spiritual?
- Signs & Synchronicity revealing the Soul
- The Pathless Way...Openhand Spiritual Philosophy
- Blending Surrender with Willpower...Openhand Spiritual Philosophy
- Do You Ever Feel Like You Don't Belong Here?
- Setting Intention, Divine Manifestation and Navigating the Quantum Soup
- Why Mastery of the Soul is a Shattering Process
- Understanding the Nature of 'Soul Exchange' or 'Walk-in'
- How to let go of Singular Truths and soar on the outstretched wings of your Soul!
- Dealing with the Challenges of Being an Empath...or highly sensitive
- The Importance of Individuality on the Path...This is YOUR day!
- 22 Ways to Tell if You're a Spirit Warrior
- 9 Methods for Dealing with Psychic Energy Attack in Your Field
- Intentional Manifesting, Authentic Choice and Truly Letting Go
- Understanding the Root Cause of Depression so we can deal with it
- What Really is Self-Realisation and how can it help you drink the juice of life?
- Who are You and how to be that
- Path between Worlds: Into the Fifth Density...Louder than Words
- Mastering the ancient art of White Magic - Creating from Higher Mind
- What a rabbit taught me about being an empath
- The Spiritual Warrior learns though adversity
- Right Action and the Path of Light
- Courage, Commitment and Focus on the Spiritual Path
- "Live fully Now"...but what does that mean?
- 20 Top Tips for Conscious Eating
- The Uplifting Effect of Endorphins
- The Singularly most important thing after Waking Up
- Radical Forgiveness...what does it truly mean to forgive?
- The Blame Game...is it mankind's most divisive?
- The Universal Law of Non-Efforting
- The Lone Space...The unquantifiable importance of solitude.
- Breaking through Limitation: I can, I must, I will
- Discovering the Divine Purpose of Your Incarnation
- Unable to make a Decision?...Maybe you're in "Indespension"
- Creating Positive Feedback Loops...No one is right and no one is wrong
- How finding the Deeper Meaning can lead to a more fulfilled life
- A healthy relationship with death...How often do you contemplate passing on?
- From absolute freedom rightness happens
- What is success? A spiritual perspective
- The Journey...it's just like flying
- Are you creating you or being you?
- Freeing the Spirit
- Your beacon of Light in a world of darkness
- 20 seconds of insane courage
- Dare to be free. Dare to be me.
- How does Animal Medicine work? Learning from Animals
- Confucius, The Buddha and Lao Tzu - "the vinegar tasters"
It strikes me that the biggest problem humanity faces right now is a case of mistaken identity. People mistake themselves for something they are not; and this generates all manner of false lifestyles and suffering. And even when a person discovers they are not the ego, there frequently follows all kinds of attachment and identification with qualities of the soul: like "I am love" for example. So what about ditching all kinds of conditioned identity completely?
What about surrendering into the infinite vulnerability of the moment
and allowing the real you to effortlessly arise?
How might that positively change your life and the world around you too?...
Yesterday I was at a favourite gorge here in Avalon (UK). The weather was spectacular: a still and crisp autumn day; the trees resplendent in greens, golds and oranges; clouds were flowing into the horizon, across blue sky, like an endless river. When I looked at the rocks, I couldn’t see them anymore; I couldn’t see the trees any longer as purely 3D. The air was no longer air, just passing into physical lungs. As I looked around me, I’d become as one with the consciousness, with the light; and as I looked into the setting sky, it’s like I was flowing into it. I was flowing into the 5D. This, I know as the Path Between Worlds. Come join the journey…
I've faced many challenging and difficult situations that I recall through my existence. It seems my life has consisted of a good deal of breaking through adversity; continually confronting and overcoming challenges. Since earlier times, many things have changed. Along the path, I've learned the art of divinely surrendering to the flow; of accepting life as it really is, initially at least, without trying to change it. I realised you have to be at-one with something - the One - to truly change anything. Has this made life any easier? In many ways yes. But I also have a strong warrior energy: I love the complexity, challenge and opportunities in life; the chance to learn and grow. Whether man or woman, cultivating the warrior spirit can be of great service to us all...
How do we create the lives that best serve us?
We are still frequently being asked about our thoughts on manifestation: how do we create the lives that best serve us? From our perspective, in true authenticity, it is not a case of manifesting by mind led intention, rather we tune into our higher self, align with the natural energetic flow of the moment and simply allow creative "Right Action" to unfold as a natural expression of who we really are. So if you're not completely content with the circumstances of your life and you're interested in creating a more harmonious one, you might be interested in reading this point of view...
You'll never forget this video
I came across this amazing video the other day which I felt to share. I find it tremendously inspirational. It's not a 'spiritual' video as such, but then again, if we're truly following and committing to our passion, is that not spiritual in itself? I'm travelling the world currently, on the Divinicus Tour, meeting people, all of whom have seemingly mountainous obstacles on their path. This is a video about a guy demonstrating tremendous skill, commitment and bravery in crossing a seemingly insurmountable mountain range - a knife edge ridge - on the awesomely beautiful Isle of Skye in Scotland. What can this video teach us about life itself?...
What does 'non-efforting' really mean?
There is an unwritten 'law' of non-efforting that is prevalent in countless spiritual texts with regards to walking the spiritual path. It is something we frequently refer to here at Openhand. It is of course about following the natural flow of the universe in every moment and not resisting it. However, it seems that frequently, this unwritten law is used as an excuse for not taking a certain step that's clearly presenting itself, or indeed not doing anything much at all! In our view, this is a serious mis-understanding of what true 'non-efforting' really means and is potentially very limiting...
Insight and gifts come to us in many shapes and forms. When I spend time in nature a multi-dimensional dialogue always happens, much in the way that two people would speak with words; except in nature it is more of a a telepathic conversation. To reach that space where the ‘real conversation’ happens, we have to let go of everything else and find a space within, beyond judgement; beyond expectations; surrendering into the moment. That’s where the real conversation happens. You become at one with nature. You weave and dance together in a place of unity consciousness, where all souls unite. It’s divine.
Do you ever get the sense that it's not "SC" (spiritually correct) to express passionate will? In the 'New Age Movement', where 'acceptance' and 'surrender' are the big buzz words, is there still a place for passionate courage, commitment and determination? Certainly to me there is.
So how do these qualities relate to acceptance and surrender? Are they meant to be blended together in some way? How do you commit to something with your whole heart, but without attached struggling?...
The divine Gift of Beingness.
It seems to me so many are trying to figure out exactly why they are here, in this incarnation right now. And in a world of increasing turbulence, exactly what are you here to do? How can we help? It's a question that's enough to drive you crazy just thinking about it! So what if the reason for your incarnation could easily be revealed to you from the current circumstances of your life? What if a simple change of perspective on how you create reality could uplift not just you, but everyone around you? What if that's the only truly positive way to change the world...