Welcome to our Conscious Eating Forum. What are the essential things to consider when switching to a plant-based conscious diet? How will eating consciously support your spiritual evolution?
It's essential in today's toxic environment in society to get this figured, so here below are 19 key tips. No doubt there will be plenty of others, so do share your own views and questions in commentary.
Let's get an illuminating inquiry going 😉💙🙏
For much more on conscious eating, check our Conscious Cafe Forum
1) Radically reduce or eliminate your intake of meat, diary and eggs: Animal protein tends to be much more destructive to the gut (check our forum on muccoid plaque) and damages or slows many internal processes, such as neuro transmission by creating brain fog. A diet without animal products frees up a lot of energy so that the body can get on with other important functions, such as repair, cleansing and rejuvenation. Many people regain their health during life threatening illness or crippling arthritis by eating consciously and going dairy-free, vegetarian or vegan. Most importantly, it means you're not consuming the fear, anxiety and stress caused through the planetary exploitation of animals.
2) Minimise your sugar intake: Refined sugar is one of the most undermining, harmful food substances in our world today, contributing to many illnesses in our synthetic society. It is found in most processed foods and often tempting to use in home made products. Instead, use fresh fruits, dried fruits and healthier alternatives such as apple juice, maple syrup, agave, coconut sugar or brown rice syrup. Less processed alternatives can really jazz up your cuisine, although they are still best used in moderation.
3) Go wheat-free and reduce your gluten intake: Gluten is a 'gluey' substance (‘GLU’ten) and to put it bluntly, can wreak havoc with our vibration. It is found in many grains, the worst culprit being wheat (which has been radically hybridised for the high yielding commercial market). Many people find less glutenous grains such as spelt, kamut, rye and barley easier to digest.
4) Eat organic: Local organic, fresh food is without a doubt, brimming with a vibrational-raising life force. Pesticides and chemical control is an unsustainable and disrespectful practice with a plethora of negative consequences for wildlife, mother earth and ourselves. Find your local organic markets and enjoy the high vibrational vegetables and fruits available from local producers. Buy in season to avoid high prices. If it does happen to be a little more expensive than its chemical laden equivalent, see it as an investment in your health and evolution.
5) De-acidify: if you've eaten a diet that's contained plenty of processed food or animal protein, then you'll need to de-acidfy the gut over a period of time. For this, drink a little bit of apple cider vinegar mixed with water before eating. Avocados, cabbage, kale and cellery will help, as will pears and grapes. Consider the supliment acidophilus to help neutralise acidity and also Kombucha. They help transition to a more alkaline state.
6) Daily Detox: Society is awash with toxicity, especially in the wake of the pandemic. Hence a daily detox regime is essential. Eat plenty of raw food, such as kale, cabbage, cellery, avocado, beetroot and fruits such as apples, pears and grapes. If you want a strong inducement, and feel like you have some hefty toxins to remove, then you can juice all of the above.
7) Heavy Metal Detox: There are lots of heavy metals awash in society that damage healthy internal cellular activity. Especially after the pandemic. So consider a regular cleanse to release heavy metals and spiked proteins with pine needle tea, chlorella, coriander and also bentonite clay.
8) Intermittant fasting: today's society and how we generally consume is full of harmful toxins that lower vibration and damage bodily function - healthy brain function for example. However, if you eat only within a specific window of 6 hours a day, then it gives the body 18 hours to cleanse and heal at a cellular level. It also calms the metabolism and so consciousness can expand into other dimensions to better receive higher dimensional information and infusion.
Check our Intermittant Fasting Forum to Thrive!
9) Confront comfort eating and dopamine addiction: Heavier foods often act like a kind of anaesthetic, they cause dopamine addiction, lower vibration and de-sensitise to the world around. Be mindful that dopamine addiction, that sudden brain hit, drives a great deal of consumptive habits and there's an ever escalating need for more, with less satisfaction. Change your habits and practices in key moments of challenge, by plenty of brisk walking, connection in nature, conscious bodywork, and natural endorphin activation.
Explore 8 ways to activate uplifting endorphins
10) Confront cravings through meditation: when you make the transition to more healthy plant-based eating, and if you move to intermittant fasting, you'll most likely experience hunger pangs and cravings. Crucially though, rather than immediately giving in to these, take yourself into meditation when the feeling strikes. This could just be a breathing meditation where you are. But then go deep into the feelings and become intimate with them. There will be emotional hooks to break and mental programming that immediately reaches for a completion. You can transform the feeling of hunger into merely emptiness, and then aliveness, because you're not dampened or slowed by the food. It starts to feel good to be empty, expansive and alive!
Download Openhand's Breakthrough Breathing Meditation
11) Drink pure water: Water is essential for health, although it can be challenging to find a pure source of it. Avoid naked tap water, because it's awash with the medications and chemicals circulating in society. Ideally, you would put it through a reverse osmosis filter to remove impurities and chemicals before using it for drinking or cooking. If possible, find a local spring or purchase spring water from a reputable source harvesting from clean organic lands. It’s a tricky one to get the balance right on this, but do what you can. Pure water is vital for health and vitality.
12) Grow some of your own herbs & food: There are few things more satisfying that gathering and eating your own fresh fruits and produce. If you have a garden, then the limit is your imagination. If you don’t have that luxury, then plant a few things including herbs (basil, parsly, coriander, rosemary for example) and other leaves on your windowsill or balcony, or else consider joining a local gardening group and helping someone with their garden in return for some veggies. You’ll be saying ‘wow - I can’t believe how good this is’ with every mouthful!
13) Avoid GMOs at all costs: Genetically modified foods are the real ‘Frankenstein’ of the food world. Apart from the common sense factor of ‘not messing with nature’, there is a growing body of evidence showing how GMOs are radically denaturing ecosytems, harming wildlife and causing damage to our bodies. Certainly not designed for a natural healthy body.
14) Embrace raw, loving, living foods: Cooking tends to diminish or can destory the vibrant enzymes in food. As much as possible, incorporate fresh, living, plant-based foods into your diet for an extra infusion of life force. A salad, fresh, ripe fruit on a daily basis will support higher vibrational living. If you do cook, then move more toward lightly steaming, reducing the amount of frying and baking.
15) Honour the need for some healthy comfort: We all require comforts and soul food from time to time and perhaps even daily in some form. But the crucial thing is to find a healthy alternative - raw chocolate for example, halva or something like tahini with dried fruit. Introduce these in a measured way, but enjoy them thoroughly, working to break down self-judgment. It's natural to want a "pick-me-up" at key moments. If we don't self-judge, then we'll likely need less and get more of a benefit from it.
16) Eat slowly and savour the taste: Sounds simple, yet its amazing how many people rush their food, chatting away. Switch off your phone and t.v. (if you have one) and really taste your food. Connect with the texture, flavours, vibrational life force and you will begin to embrace from a centred place of true experience. You will feel much more guided on how much to eat and what your body actually needs for optimal health.
17) Giving thanks: We are so blessed to be able to eat and savour food. Take a moment before you eat to close your eyes, connect with what you are about to eat and offer thanks (whether it is to Mother Earth, the Universe, the One, Buddha or another deity)... the important thing is to connect with your food and allow a natural arising gratitude to permeate into the field around you.
18) Learn to listen to your body: The body really does 'talk', we just have to tune in to the right language. If we have aches, pains, illness or disease happen then the body is starting to scream. Learn to recognise denial, cravings and subtle addictions and move beyond them. If we learn to listen to our physical body by embracing as many of the above tips as possible, we start to hear subtle cues that will guide us... what to eat, how much to eat, where to buy it from etc. Our life becomes so much more flowing and satisfying once we start to flow with it in a way that serves our journey of optimal health and evolution.
19) Learn to tune in to your soul: When we start to tune in to our soul, it’s amazing how powerful the guidance can be. It will guide us to make the most aligned choices, inviting change and evolution. It's not always the choices that we 'want' that it will show us, but always the choice in the best interest of our continued spiritual evolution. Profound self honesty is the key here. Tuning into the soul is perhaps the most important tenet to the success of eating consciously. Embrace it and honour the guidance it brings you.
Tune into Your Soul at Openhand Ascension Academy
What other tips, recommendations and experiences have you had in switching to conscious eating? Do share, let's inspire each other onward and upward!!