Life is full of paradoxes. In fact the more we walk the path, we may realise each stone we tread, is in itself a grey area of multiple truths, yet each step with a distinct Right Action. Take for example expressing ones truth: many know how important this can be. If we don't express who we truly are and if we're not being authentic, then we're certainly going to limit our unfolding. Yet what if we feel frustration inside, anger, rage or at times even hatred? I've observed all such colours are painted in life's karmic artistry. Is it right to suppress such feelings or deny them if they are bubbling away within? Yet if we let this causality out, does that not then draw to us their reflective effects?
Here's where we need to master the art of 'containment' and then unleashing authentic creative expression. What exactly do I mean by this?...
Ancient light of the soul
There are many spiritual teachings that speak of spreading love and peace. It risks becoming an indoctrinated mantra. What if you don't feel like spreading love and peace? What if at times you feel plain angry? Is it then right to override these feelings as many do? What impact do you imagine that has internally?
I can tell you that from observational direct experience, it builds a reality of illusion and denial. It constructs concealed frustration. And the more we heap upon it layers of false pleasantries, the further away from absolute truth and our true path we slide. Our purpose here is to find an authentic expression and let it sing. And at the heart of any impulse, including anger, there is an ancient light of the soul at its core. Anger so often conceals passion for example - the commitment to a cause and the yearning to overcome embedded resistance in the flow. It sometimes takes a huge amount of expressed energy to break down the dam.
I believe it's essential to realise that at the core of any distorted expression is the ancient light of the soul - a distortion is one of some originally aligned inquiry. Anger is often a distortion of passion for example; greed might be a distortion of the soul's natural expression of abundance; doubt is a distortion of the soul's inherent characteristic of inquiring into the nature of reality - continually testing the truth. In processing then, it's essential not to simply 'cast the baby out with the bathwater. (try this Openhand Breakthrough Approach for unleashing the Soul from distortion).
Flushing away the flotsam
So it's healthy to express, to stir up what is truly inside and to let it out. For only then will we see in the external mirror the internal layers of compacted silt and the soul gold buried within them. Only then can we stir up the sediment of life, flush away the flotsam and reintegrate these nuggets of beingness into our golden flow.
It is only by being truly honest, truly authentic about how we're feeling in the moment, whether good, bad or ugly, that the mirror reflects the possibility of a new unfolding.
But of course this leads to a dilemma. We all know that what we put out into our environment the universe reflects back. And surely have we not had enough anger and hatred already in this world? This is where mastering the art of containment is of profound value. So what exactly is 'containment'? Here are some important facets to mastering its art...
7 Facets for Mastering Containment then Unleashing Creative Aligned Expression
- The most important thing is not to deny what's bubbling under the surface, but rather to bring light to it by an honest exploration of what we're truly feeling. However it might not be appropriate to express these feelings in your immediate environment - at work for example. So see yourself containing the feelings inside, but knowing that you'll get around to processing them just as soon as possible.
- As soon as possible, take yourself off to a contained and protective space. Be clear that when you express, what you release is not to go beyond the confines of where you're expressing.
- Now regress back into the situation that brought up the original feelings - see the images and feel the feelings. Then begin to let them flow. Find an outlet through which to express. It could be shouting, screaming, strong physical exercise, beating a pillow or punch bag. It could be strong expressive dance.
- Be careful not to direct the energy at people or other sentient life (unless invited as facilitation). It risks embedding judgment, negative feedback loops and karma which can be hard to remove.
- When the expression is at its height, and you feel you've given the fullest energy to it, then look to open an inner doorway through the experience into the bode of pure acceptance - that of the presence of the One. Be completely accepting of the energy swirling around and through your field, but shift beyond it - you are not that expression.
- Feel any attachment dissolving.
- As you become the One in the feelings, by becoming as one with them, now start to unleash the expression of 'rightness'. Look for the expression of the original feeling that is aligned and authentic - it just feels 'right' - then let that express through breathing and movement. Now the soul aligns through the original distortion.
Natural Containment within Enlightened States
I felt it important to add that I observe there are two different types of containment:
(1) that which can be of value prior to enlightened states - where people aren't fully comfortable in unleashing absolute authenticity into engagements (2) that in enlightened states, where there's always a coming from authenticity, but sometimes the energy is contained in the moment by the natural diplomat ray 4 (for those unfamiliar with the 7 rays, see the soul's purpose). In enlightened states, there's a continual 'turning into' the truth of the moment. So there's simply no need to regress into situations afterwards. It's only really where there's some degree of ego involved, that is concerned about the outcome of any engagement, that intentional containment would be necessary. My article is meant to honour this.
So as the soul progressively integrates, there will be ever increasing yearning to express absolutely authentically in the moment, and so there would be no unnatural containment - although the ray 4 diplomat aspect of the soul will likely be naturally active where there might be discomfort on the part of others or where there is the risk of some disharmony or conflict in situations.
A smoother ride
I've found that steps like these truly help people master the art of containment. It becomes possible to hold and experience all manner of potentially destructive expression, yet process in a positively productive way. The world on the outside is not negatively imprinted with unwelcome consequence.
Furthermore, when we hold the energy, but without simply dumping it, then what I've so often found, is that the situation we're confronting can shift in a favourable way. A degree of internal agitation can dislodge the dam resisting our flow.
So next time you find your life suddenly wanting to bubble up with frustrated tension, explore holding the energy before immediately unleashing it on the world. Contain it, but look for positive channels of expression. Mastering the art of containment leads to a smoother ride through the frequently frothy turbulence of the flow.
We're practicing Containment before unleashing Aligned Creative Expression on our ongoing World Tour
(next in Europe, Australia and Africa).
Discover more... Openhand Events and Gatherings
In loving support
(Publishers - please publish with links intact and the Openhand brief biog. Thankyou <3)
About Openhand Openhand is a unique approach to spiritual evolution: integrating enlightened wisdom of spiritual masters through the ages, it is a way of tapping into the Benevolent Guiding Consciousness of the Universe and aligning with it in your life. It helps you unveil your True Self, remove karmic blockages and unfold your Divine Destiny. It leads to authentic, resilient and truly successful living. Join us...Openhandweb, Openhand fb, Openhand TV