You might be one of those with a strong sense to want to change your reality - and indeed the wider world. Yet we're so often told of the need for "acceptance and surrender". The two truths, the two impulses, seem to conflict. And how exactly does consciousness change our reality for the better? You may have strongly catalytic tendencies that cause you to witness injustice in the world and want to do something about it. So what's happening with all these different energies? How do you balance what's going on within, and maximise your creative impact in the world?...
What is 'Spirituality'?
Here we're exploring the concept of general spirituality. What does it mean to be spiritual? How do we live in a spiritual way, within society? How might being aligned with your spirituality, bring a greater sense of joy and fulfillment to your life?
We're offering points of view here, which we believe in passionately. But we're not claiming them to be the 'absolute truth' - it is our truth, designed to help catalyse an evolutionary shift in your own truth. To us, that's a key facet of the spirit - that each has their own perspective on reality, which are all equally valid. But let us challenge and continually evolve our perspective.
In so doing, we find it brings us increasingly into alignment with the natural flow of the universe. Life becomes increasingly aligned and sublime. Explore...
Index of articles on general Spirituality:
- How to Innovate to Succeed on the Spiritual Path...in 4 steps
- When Judgment and Projection come Calling...How to deal with Them
- Spiritual Insight into Processing the Grief of Loss
- Understanding the Nature of Risk on the Spiritual Path
- How to Make the Best Spiritual Choices in Life?
- Exploding Fear in 5 Steps...Liberate Yourself in Any Given Situation
- How Do You Truly Change Your Life Situation?
- We Are Earth Bound Misfits Learning to Fly
- The Path Less Traveled...And How to Tackle It
- The REVELATION of YOU: unleashing authentic beingness
- How to Overcome Doubt and Fear by Flying on the Wings of Vulnerability
- Secret of Life: It's all about the flow
- Lightwarriors Fear Not...Everything is Perfect!
- "Burning the Boats" of an Out-dated Reality Construct...Here's How
- Torsional Influx of High Vibrational Energy - Rise Up!
- Humanity's Shadow Reveals Itself...Time to Go Inwards and Upwards
- Hunger for Change...Finding the Courage
- The Purpose of Set-backs...And How to Quickly Bounce Back
- Expressing beyond Words...Finding the Spiritual Samurai in You
- How to Avoid the One Possible 'Mistake'
- Breaking through the Moment, into your Miraculous Cosmic Self
- Breaking out of a Spiritual Rut by Finding your Passion...7 ways to do it
- The Adventure of a Lifetime is here...Breakthrough!
- Betrayed, Abandoned, Cast-adrift, and then...Reborn!
- How to Positively Thrive in a Climate of Change...Including 3 Simple Strategies
- A Burning Yearning for Change...How is it Spiritual?
- Signs & Synchronicity revealing the Soul
- The Pathless Way...Openhand Spiritual Philosophy
- Blending Surrender with Willpower...Openhand Spiritual Philosophy
- Do You Ever Feel Like You Don't Belong Here?
- Setting Intention, Divine Manifestation and Navigating the Quantum Soup
- Why Mastery of the Soul is a Shattering Process
- Understanding the Nature of 'Soul Exchange' or 'Walk-in'
- How to let go of Singular Truths and soar on the outstretched wings of your Soul!
- What Spiritual "Empaths" and "Catalysts" might Learn From Each Other
- The Importance of Individuality on the Path...This is YOUR day!
- 22 Ways to Tell if You're a Spirit Warrior
- 9 Methods for Dealing with Psychic Energy Attack in Your Field
- Intentional Manifesting, Authentic Choice and Truly Letting Go
- Understanding the Root Cause of Depression so we can deal with it
- What Really is Self-Realisation and how can it help you drink the juice of life?
- Who are You and how to be that
- Mastering the ancient art of White Magic - Creating from Higher Mind
- The Spiritual Warrior learns though adversity
- Right Action and the Path of Light
- Courage, Commitment and Focus on the Spiritual Path
- The Uplifting Effect of Endorphins
- The Lone Space...The unquantifiable importance of solitude.
- Discovering the Divine Purpose of Your Incarnation
- Creating Positive Feedback Loops...No one is right and no one is wrong
- How finding the Deeper Meaning can lead to a more fulfilled life
- Activating the Power of Higher Mind
- A healthy relationship with death...How often do you contemplate passing on?
- How does Animal Medicine work? Learning from Animals
- How to Overcome Doubt and Fear by Flying on the Wings of Vulnerability
As you inquire deeper into the real meaning of the moment, and of your life's purpose, you'll start to pick up signs and synchronicity, where the field seems to magically click in around you, as if by some pre-ordained force.
What's going on here?
How might you best understand, and work with, the signs?
They are powerful pointers to your journey of evolution. This exploration contains a video in the new Openhand Philosophy series...
There comes a point in your life where you realise the old way of being and existing in the world, just doesn't work any more. It doesn't make sense any longer to graft and grind for the same, or similar, outcomes. It doesn't seem to fulfill. That's when the inner journey, as a moment by moment way of being, beckons. That's what this second in the new Openhand Philosophy series (including video) is all about. It's a snippet, to provide insight and inspiration, for those who are coming to realise, that the inner journey is the only true way to lasting fulfillment. At Openhand we call it "The Pathless Way"...
You'll no doubt hear lots about the value and importance of surrender on the spiritual path - being able to accept the moment as it really is, without needing it to be a certain way. In other words, not needing a particular outcome. So what about all the qualities of determination, courage and willpower? Do they fit in, and if so, how? This exploration includes the first in series of new style Openhand Spiritual Philosophy videos...
Do you ever feel like a misfit, a renegade or a maverick? Like somehow you don't belong here on this Earth? Join the club! Here at Openhand we connect with evolving people all over the world, and so often we hear from people who feel out of place somehow, have probably always felt that way, and have always struggled to fit in. You tell us you've felt judged, marginalised, penalised and persecuted. Being in a body feels strangely weird, and you just can't figure out why the world works the way it does. It's like you belong somewhere else or have come from somewhere else. It's probably because you have!...
Humanity has discovered an important phenomenon about reality - that it is not fixed and solid, but more a moving flow of ever-adapting consciousness - the "Quantum Soup". And most importantly, that the observer affects reality by what you focus on. So it's become a common theme then to 'set intention' and 'manifest what you desire' to happen. Or else there's the view that some destined, synchronistic, event line - 'your destiny' - is supposed to land, but only by applying such focus. I think there's truth in these viewpoints, but not the whole truth. So how do you successfully navigate the inner landscape? How do you create authentic miracles and magic?...
Anyone truly embarking along the spiritual path, must quickly give up the idea that it's easy, or especially, that it will somehow build you up into something. And it's definitely not all 'love and light' - not the true path anyway. In my experience, both of my own journey and in working with countless others, Spiritual Mastery is a shattering, breaking down process, that causes you to reconfront past-life trauma and source pain. It's also reflective of the current state of our reality right now.
Why is that? What might you expect? How might you deal effectively with what comes up?...
I incarnated somewhat unusually via what's termed a 'Soul Exchange' or more commonly referred to as a 'walk-in'. It's where two souls exchange places, within a fully fledged human being, by sacred agreement. It frequently happens during a near death experience (but isn't limited to that). What is the nature of this and why does it happen? I believe more souls than one might imagine have incarnated this way, and it can be extremely challenging to understand and integrate, which is why I feel to bring light to it. My purpose is to support and help. It may be that you have a particular mission here to fulfill...
One of the difficult challenges to overcome on the Spiritual Path, is letting go of the notion of singular truths, that make someone 'right' and someone else 'wrong'. Prior to awakening, people and society tend to deal with absolute truths - there is 'what's happened', beyond question, and all we need to figure out is, what took place. This makes someone 'right' and someone else 'wrong'. And it defines you to an identity within a reality - a fixed ego, forming judgments about the world and people in it. It's severely limiting. How might we let go of that?
Let me begin by saying I believe we ALL have varying degrees of empathic and catalytic qualities. The work here at Openhand draws people from both ends of the spectrum in equal measure. It often occurs to me that in the group work, each is reflecting to the other. Perhaps then, there are some things someone with more empathic qualities can learn about their gift from someone with more catalytic ones? (and vice versa). Perhaps, for example, there's something a "catalyst" naturally does, which is inherent to their nature, that an "empath" can also develop? And perhaps by opening to more empathic qualities, a "catalyst" can have a more sensitive effect on the field? That's the purpose of this exploration I invite you to join...
There are two ways of living your life: one, as if nothing is a miracle; two, as if everything is! We're living in two world's not one: the old is one of systems, logic and control, which strangles the juice out of life. It's a reality long past it's self-by-date, essentially because it's divorced from the flow. Then there's another world - it's one of mystery, miracles and magic, where everything has a deeper meaning, a deeper significance and purpose. It's this that I call the 'dreamspace'. In fact it's far more real, far more fulfilling than 'reality'. What is this dreamspace like? How can you become multidimensional? How can you live it?...
You are the One; and at the same time, you are a unique expression of the One. If we deny that uniqueness, or suppress it, you can't ride the wave of the Soul all the way back to the shores of the One within you. You have so very much to offer to life and the world. Sometimes in spiritual circles there's a tendency to emulate some perceived spiritual way of being. Or to drop duality by dropping the quintessence of you. This is self-defeating, building in itself, subtle spiritual identity. Individuality is essential to expressing the One. There's absolutely nothing like becoming the fullness of YOU...