Day by day the Old Paradigm is becoming increasingly shaky as the Grand Galactic Convergence steadily breaks it down. Some will close down in fear and anxiety, when actually there is everything to gain by opening up. The shift is a massive spur toward your spiritual greatness. I ask, what else of any real value is actually going on? Greatness is within us all. The question is how do you unleash and embody it to lead a truly fulfilled existence?
Greatness is a way of unleashing yourself into the World
You recognise greatness when you see it. It has a sense and quality all of its own. It has nothing to do with popularity, fame or fortune, yet those who are recognised as having attained some level of greatness are frequently wealthy and/or popular.
Yet I put it to you, that no one who ever achieved true greatness, set out striving for it. What they did do, what they did discover, is a passionate commitment to something which gave them true joy and fulfillment in life. They found a way they could truly express, and in so doing, a vehicle for their expression arose - a way of unleashing it into the world.
They discovered something of great importance, of great idealism, something much greater than their own selves even. Greatness is selfless, because it is 'God' - 'the One'. Some people exhibiting greatness still have ego, yes, but ego was not the source of their greatness. To them, the expression of their art, of their being, is more important than their own well-being, than their own success; more important than their own breath. To me, this is the measure of greatness.
Don't give up the dream of your greatness
Many will tell you, that when you discover your passion, the place where your innermost yearning synchronises perfectly with outer expression, then the taste of it is the sweetest nectar possible. When you strike the sweet spot of life itself, you cannot put a price on it. It's immeasurable. It has everything to do with unleashing the true nature of who you are - discovering, embodying and unleashing soul. You instantly know when someone is doing this. They have shine about them. You look into their eyes and you see into the universe. There's a warmth, that seems as though it can burn longer than the sun.
It's because when you touch your greatness, you're touching the soul. You're riding an internal wave, all the way back to the source; all the way back to God, the absolute. You become a living, breathing expression of God. And that, is the measure of your greatness.
This Greatness is in all of us, which many have yet to realise. It's because people get beaten down by the conditioning of society and then sell their dream too cheaply; they get pigeon-holed into a life of doing, chasing other people's agendas, rather than doing from being - letting the divine speak through you instead.
Greatness happens when you find and express the true nature of your soul. So if your light is being squashed into a shoe that doesn't fit, then no wonder if you're not able to dance too well!
The other problem is we confuse greatness with popularity or material success. If what we feel called to do and express, doesn't seem like it's going to be popular or successful within society, or if there's likely to be too much push-back, then we give up, don't bother, we hide our light under a bushel. The shadowside of society is depending on your doing this, to stay small in the shell, so it can more easily control you. But all awakening people one day discover, that to remain in that shell is far more painful than breaking through it!
Expressing Soul - it's like Being in Love
To break through the shell of our conformity, we have to find our unique expression of soul. No one who ever became truly great, modelled themselves on someone else. For we are all unique. We can be inspired by the reflections we see in someone else, and that's essential motivation, but someone who achieves some measure of greatness finds their own way of expressing, from which their own path takes shape. It may run parallel to others, but it's definitely their unique flow. They didn't worry about popularity - but for many who attain such greatness, they create their niche, and then popularity follows.
You are truly being great when you are expressing your soul; for your soul is an expression of God - which is absolute unbridled perfection. So what are the characteristics of your soul? How do you recognise them?
Expressing your soul is like being in love; there's no formula for it, you just know it when you're in it. It just feels 'right'. There's a sweetness to it, that connects you all the way back to the Source. It feels like the sense of home; you come back into who you truly are. When people recognise the soul in them, or they're been reacquainted with a lost aspect of it, they are frequently brought to tears. It feels like there's been something priceless missing: you didn't even know what, but now you've found it again.
Greatness is continually striking the sweet-spot of your own being - a feeling of rightness inside. Society is continually luring people into dim shadows of this elixir - idle social media distraction, soft comfort, desire, wealth or the illusion of fame. None of it will ever live up to the simple awesomeness of your own being. It's a feeling inside that you can't bottle or own.
In this reacquaintance of your soul - the unleashing of your greatness - it helps to have a guide, to have pointers, so you can look for and attune to those qualities that have become buried in the sediment of your own life. At Openhand, we're passionately dedicated to helping people reclaim these lost nuggets of soul gold - there's nothing more rewarding and fulfilling than supporting someone in coming back to who they truly are.
So how do you recognise the greatness in you?
19 Reflections of Greatness
1) Greatness surrenders but never gives up
2) Greatness never counts the cost
3) Greatness welcomes failure, as an opportunity to learn more
4) Greatness doesn't court popularity or follow the masses
5) Greatness has a deeper sense of purpose, something greater than the small "I"
6) Greatness follows its passion, and doesn't sell its dreams too cheaply
7) Greatness is a pathfinder, it breaks the mold, unleashing free flow
8) Greatness is patient but persistent
9) Greatness is passionately creative
10) Greatness doesn't depend on the outcome
11) Greatness welcomes it's reflection in the external mirror, but isn't governed by it
12) Greatness expresses itself, unreservedly, but is never arrogant
13) Greatness isn't put off by detractors
14) Greatness is constantly open to new opportunities or different ways of doing the same thing
15) Greatness is relaxed but aware
16) Greatness is inquisitive and innocent, but simultaneously wise
17) Greatness sees and honours the greatness in others
18) Greatness is continually dieing and rebirthing in each new moment
19) Greatness attains tremendous self belief, by constant confrontation of what it is not.
How greatness hides in plain sight
It is certain to me, that this greatness is in everyone - because it is your own soul, an expression of the One. But I also observe that society frequently struggles to recognise the divine, and so doesn't frequently value the divine in you. The majority are so insecure about themselves, they'll mostly only go for the recognised popularity - those famous amongst the masses. But wouldn't recognise true greatness right under their very noses.
Joshua Bell is one of the world's finest violinists. He's musical director of the Academy of St Martin in the Fields, a soloist and former child prodigy, known the world over for his phenomenal talent. The violinist is paid handsomely at sell out concerts on the top stages of the world. Yet in 2007, when, as an experiment, he rocked up to a busy metro station in Washington and busked for free, out of 1100 people who passed by, only 27 gave any money, and only 7 stopped to listen for any duration. He earned a paltry $52. Seven years later, when he made a well announced follow up at the metro station, this time thousands of people turned out to listen.
This must tell you something crucially important: you cannot value or undersell yourself, by attaching your greatness to the support, adoration, acceptance or popularity of the masses. They are simply too fickle, or else too tied up in society's conditioning to see the real light within you. So why waste your time?
Make sure then, you don't dilute your greatness by courting popularity. Greatness has nothing to do with the number of social media followers you have!
Creating the Crucible: Your own Niche
In order to find and express your greatness, you need something to express into, a crucible of your own expression. It's so that you can continually shape your expression in the outer mirror of life. Not so that you can 'preen' yourself, but so you can continually improve yourself; so you can learn, evolve and grow, because this is the nature of the soul.
This is a crucial measure of greatness: it's all about personal growth. And when you commit yourself to the constant learning, evolving, growing experience of life, then you'll be well on your way to discovering your greatness.
Recognise those people around you that resonate encouraging feedback loops to you - those that honour your authentic expression and celebrate with you in it. Let go of those that are constantly undermining. Pay attention to the reflections that can truly help you learn, evolve and grow. Then you'll be creating the perfect crucible to actualise your greatness in life.
9 Ways to unleash the Greatness in You
It is my passion in life to help people find and unleash their own greatness. So I find myself focusing a lot of energy on it. How can the greatness in me meet and unleash the greatness in another? Here's how we approach it at Openhand...
1) Become the observer of yourself: watch yourself keenly in all that you do, and work to constantly anchor into the infinite potential of the One: the Sacred Ground of Being.
2) Let go of the need for the situation you're in, to go a particular way, or for it to be supported by those immediately around you. But do watch for revelatory feedback loops that might come in an unusual way.
3) Commit to the true purpose of EVERY moment: that being to unleash some authentic expression of you, that simply feels "right". In whatever you do, wherever you find yourself, recognise there is nothing else truly going on, but the revelation of authentic you.
4) Open an internal space by relaxing into the moment and letting go the need for a particular outcome. Feel the quiet downward flow of new perceptions and nuances. Let your existence steadily become multidimensional, informed by divine signs and synchronicity in the outer.
5) Continually innovate your life and how you do things. Don't settle today for the you of yesterday. In any given situation, break through the density that's holding you back, by daring to express the possibility of a new iteration of you.
6) Look for new ways to create. Whether it be writing, art, music, video, poetry, craft and making things, look for something that challenges you to unleash new skills. Don't worry about 'failing' - watch what arises around you and simply create for creations sake
7) When you find your passion in life, give all of yourself, all your emotion, to expressing into it. Commit on a daily basis to the practices that amplify and enhance it. Meditation for example, deep consciousness body work, conscious eating, connection with nature. Be prepared to sacrifice immediate comfort for long term soul growth.
8) Pay attention to how the multidimensional landscape starts to shift with your emergent authentic beingness. Watch the flows, patterning, signs and synchronicity that support you. Surrender yourself into the dreamspace of divine co-creativity.
9) Step positively forwards into the world, on the path that is now clearly informed by your soul. Keep centering in that yearning and passion to actualise authentic you. Don't settle for anything less. Be prepared to make mistakes, but to learn, evolve and grown in the process.
The time has come to unleash your Greatness
It's time to break out of the shell. Everything is changing and there will come a point, if not already, when you realise you've absolutely nothing to lose but your smallness. Everything in the 3D will ultimately come to pass, so why be limited by the current landscape? We've been constraining our light for too long now, when there's so much of us still left to realise and actualise. Why allow only the few to have all the fun?!
Celebrate when someone achieves their greatness yes, because you're witnessing a marvellous reflection of your own soul. In your way you are every bit as wonderful, every bit as lovely, every bit as marvellous. Take it as a spur to unleash the next iteration of you.
When you find your greatness, others around you may recognise it, or they may not. It does not matter a jot. The feeling of it inside yourself is priceless. Don't sell it. Don't waste another moment without it. Now is the time to keep opening the internal space, making time and commitment for your greatness to reveal itself; then giving yourself - one hundred percent - fervently and with commitment to the revelation of it, in whatever way feels right and appropriate for you.
Remember, greatness is a feeling - that's what you're really looking for. It's striking the sweet-spot of your own being. And when you do, there is absolutely nothing like it!
It's our passion at Openhand to help people unleash the authentic soul greatness in them - to live a divinely blessed life in the Shift. If you resonate, explore the work of our Ascension Academy and get involved today:
Openhand Ascension Academy
In loving support